Dance Fever
Doesn't she look like she has such an attitude?! She does! :)
Anyhow, Saturday was Aubrey's 1st official dance class and she LOVES it. That doesn't really come as a surprise to us though.
At first I had a minor struggle getting her out the door. She had no problem getting in her leotard. However, when it came time to leave she got a little hesitant. So I loaded her in the truck. As I'm backing out the driveway she begins freaking-out that I forgot her dance mat.
Sidenote: For Christmas Aunt Sara got her a Disney Princess Ballet Dance DVD that comes with a dance mat outlining the 1st 3 positions in ballet and a Princess Magic Wand.
Aubrey was insistent on having this mat for class. I tried to explain the whole way to the studio that she didn't need this mat. Well, she wasn't buying it and I struggled a bit getting her into the studio. However as soon as we crossed through that door and she saw all the other girls in their leotards also, she could not get her coat off fast enough. We were there a smidge early so she had to wait to go into the actual class studio. She kept knocking on the door asking to be let in. The secretary thought it was quite cute.
Finally, it was her turn to enter and she went straight in and got ready. Her instructor just happens to be Aunt Milli or Ms Amelia as she's known in the studio. We're very excited to have such a talented instructor teaching Aubrey! We wouldn't want it any other way!
We'll probably have several posts as Aubrey progresses and probably lots of fun pictures to add. Maybe even a little video in the next month or so when we're allowed to film!
Well, she's quite talented already too! She did so well at her first class and I'm so glad that I can teach her! It's only going to get better from here. Woo Hoo!
Hendryx2003 said... February 18, 2008 at 10:21 PM
I love that picture of Aubrey!! She is giving the perfect pose - hey, a little attitude never hurt! :-)
Anonymous said... February 19, 2008 at 5:32 PM
Post a Comment