Monday, September 8, 2008

SMC Weekend 2008

This past weekend I loaded Aubrey and Benjamin and headed to Indianapolis to visit my friends from College.  This is the 1st time in years that we've all been so close in proximity.  I've been so eager for this get together.  We've been able to see one another throughout the years but never as much as we would all like.

Rudy decided Thursday night to stay home since he was going to be the only male "SMC Chic" in attendance!  We figured it may be easier for him to get some of our fall cleaning projects done with no kids around.WOW!  Our kitchen and carpets look amazing! :) 

Saturday AM we left here VERY early and picked Sharon up on the way down.   We arrived mid-morning for a weekend of fun.  And pretty much from the time we exited the car, the fun began!

These are some of my dearest friends.  I've known them for 14 years!  That's almost 1/2 my life and a lot has happened in those years that have made them even more special and irreplaceable!
Bridget and I were roommates Freshman year at Saint Mary's.
Bridget, Molly, and I were roommates Sophomore year.
Bridget, Molly, Sharon and I were all Resident Advisors our Jr & Sr year.
**Here we are almost exactly 10 years ago to the day at the final ND Football game of our Sr yr.
**Here we are this past weekend.


(Amber, Bridget, Molly, Sharon)

Our lives are all very different yet the same.  Even though we talk frequently (almost daily) on
 email,  I miss them greatly!  Nothing beats a face-to-face visit.
  
This was the 1st time we'd been able to have all our kids together.  They are close in age and had so much fun playing.  We joke (or dream) about them being future SMC roommates.    

Maddie (Molly's oldest) & Abby (Bridget's Oldest) Eleanor (Bridget's 2nd) & Aubrey



A great time was had by all, especially the kids.
(Jeb (Bridget's), Benjamin, Aubrey, Nicholas (Molly's), Eleanor (Bridget's) Maddie (Molly's), Abby (Bridget's))
We're eager for our next visit or visitors while we are all here in the Midwest, especially as Bridget and Molly's new babies arrive this winter/spring!  
Aubrey's spent most of today asking when she gets to go back and stay in "Indiana-apolis" as she calls it.
Here are some more pictures of all the fun the kids had this weekend.
Click to play SMC Weekend 2008

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home