Thursday, December 18, 2008

Gloves vs Mittens





These are the Gloves I ordered for Aubrey....







These are the Mittens we received!  Ugh!  

Aubrey prefers gloves over mittens.  I found the above gloves at this on-line store called, Yellow Turtle.  We wanted gloves for her that were waterproof, warm, and had the extension up her arm to prevent the dreaded snow down the coat sleeve.  I couldn't find any in the local stores so I searched on line and found these.  We really like the Kombi brand for outdoor kids gear so I ordered them on Saturday.  When they arrived today as mittens I was so bummed.  With all the snow we are supposed to get tonight I know our weekend is a continuation of the week---playing outside.

I called Yellow Turtle and asked if they could get us the Gloves by Saturday and I would ship back the Mittens.  I explained we really needed the gloves because of all the snow, which excites someone from the Ski Country of VT!  Unfortunately since they are on the East Coast, their last UPS pick-up had come and gone and to get them here by Saturday would be really expensive- more expensive than simply letting us keep the mittens and shipping us the correct pair.  The lady said "Merry Christmas" keep the mittens and expect the gloves early next week.  

I LOVE great customer service!!!!  That is not at all what I expected by calling.  I was more than willing to ship the mittens back--we really want the gloves.  She apologized a few times and said she hopes this doesn't deter us from shopping with them again.  Absolutely NOT!  Now I'm a customer for life!  Any outdoor gear we need for the kids, this is my first stop!  
If you need anything, Please check them out!  You can't beat a company that treats customers so well!  They are far and few between!

Here's a picture of Benjamin enjoying his Sled Ride, courtesy of Aubrey.  She pulled him around Tuesday afternoon the entire time it took me to shovel the driveway!  They both loved it!











0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home