Sleep Training- Night 1
Last night began our Sleep Training for Benjamin. He's 12wks old today!! WOW! Time flies. He's getting so big.
Anyhow, he generally wakes up only 1 time in the middle of the night, somewhere between 3am-4am. For the past couple of weeks, he hasn't really needed to eat at this time. He's waking up more out of habit than any real need.
Well, now that he is 12wks old, it's time to help him adjust his internal clock and sleep through the night. He goes down for bed at 7pm and gets his final feeding by 11pm. He can definitely stretch through the night, he simply needs a little help.
By this age, Aubrey had already been sleeping solid through the night so this is a new task for us in the parenting arena.
Since Rudy had to work I took night one of going in to comfort him when he woke up. This wasn't the most ideal situation since when he sees/smells me he would assume he would be fed which would not be the case. Anyhow, around 2:20am (slightly earlier than usual) he wakes up. I go in, give him his pacifier and change his diaper. I lay him back in bed and he continues to cry/fuss for the next hour! UGH! However, by 3:20am he was sound asleep again. So I proceed back to our bed and crash myself (thankfully). I was hoping that would be it for the night- No Dice! He woke up again at 4:20am. I went in, made sure he was okay, gave him his pacifier and he was out within 10 minutes. That is much better than the hour I had spent in his room earlier. He then stayed asleep until just before 7am which is his normal wake-time!
Overall, I would say that was a victory for us on a couple different sleeping fronts. 1- It was brutal to be awake that long but he was able to sooth himself back to sleep! 2- Aubrey stayed sound asleep the entire time he cried! I was super impressed!
Here's to hopin' that tonight goes as well, if not better!
Post a Comment