Monday, March 3, 2008

Daddy Daughter Date

So, Aubrey's been missing her daddy! Since I've been out of town for work, recovering, and sick, my time with the kids has been a little sparse and Aubrey's been feeling it as have I.


This past Sunday was Daddy Daughter Date. The day started with breakfast as a family at Egg Harbor in downtown Naperville. From there, Aubrey and I went to the mall. It was empty when we arrived at 10:15am. We spent our time riding the "alligator" (aka escalator) as Aubrey calls it, playing in the kiddie areas, riding the Kermit the Frog Car, and then going to Build-A-Bear.

Aubrey wasn't quite sure what to make of the store. She picked a pink bear to build. She enjoyed going through the process but was most excited to buy it an accessory--a cell phone that takes pictures. It's more for her than Pink Bear, as she's cleverly named it!


After Build-A-Bear, daddy got really dizzy riding the teacup on the Carousel! This is one of Aubrey's favorite stops in the mall.

We then ate lunch at her 2nd favorite place, McDonald's.

It was a great day of bonding! She's such a gift in my life and I feel so blessed to be her dad! I'm really excited to make these more regular in our schedules.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home