Stalking
Have you ever been in a parking lot that looks like this? Empty, yet for some reason a driver decides it needs YOUR spot?!
I HATE being stalked for a parking spot, regardless of how full or empty a lot is. It's always been a pet peeve of mine and has gotten a lot worse as our family has grown.
Today we went to the Children's Museum for a couple hours to play. The weather is really gross today- blowing wind/rain/ice! It was quite a challenge getting both kids out of the truck, Benjamin (in car seat) into the stroller, and holding Aubrey's hand while trying to not step in puddles and running into the Museum. Playing was fun and Aubrey left when it was time without fighting! (That was a huge win for the day! She loves being there and hates to leave). The weather hadn't changed much so getting back into the truck was just as difficult as getting out of it. Well, to make it that much harder, this car decided it wanted MY spot even though there were several others available for him to take! ARGH!!!
One thing I've learned is that I can't let that driver dictate my pace. I'm not going to feel rushed because this person is set on my spot. I don't delay or go slower to be mean but I'm not going to make myself crazy either. So I got Benjamin in, broke down the stroller, put it in the back, and buckled Aubrey all the while being pelted in the face with rain/ice and trying to ignore the fact that this driver was making it known he was waiting for my spot. Thankfully it didn't take long but I'm sure was too long for his liking. Oh Well! Next time maybe he'll park somewhere else!
This post made me laugh! I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, but just picturing you out there angry at that driver...and yes, it is definitely NASTY today.
Larson said... April 10, 2008 at 3:28 PM
I'm totally a parking lot stalker. Although, usually I size up the driver and probably would have kept driving when i noticed it was a Mom with two kids. My thought is once you're on your way back to your car it's no longer YOUR spot!!!! - John
Anonymous said... April 13, 2008 at 8:23 PM
Post a Comment