Thursday, January 28, 2010

4 Celebrations

Last Thursday Aubrey turned 5!

We are still in denial that it's been 5 years since we became parents.
Our lives have changed so much.

Thursday morning started our celebrating. She woke up and got to open her presents from us. She got a new leapster and carrying bag.
Since turning 5 is such a big deal Aubrey insisted her hair be curly for the day. She won't let me near her with the curling iron so I set her hair Wed night in sponge curlers which required her to sleep in them. She had no problems sleeping. Thursday her hair was SO curly. I actually had a hard time recognizing her all day. She loved it!









Thursday she also got to celebrate with her class. She was the snack bringer and since it was her birthday she got to bring a birthday treat. She picked Rice Krispie Treats. (celebration #1)
She had the option to go out to dinner TH night and skip swimming or swim. She chose to swim.

So that left us going out on Friday night as a family for her birthday dinner. She chose Sweet Tomatoes. (celebration #2) She LOVES this place for 2 reasons: 1- The salad bar has ALL her favorite veggies. 2- The Ice Cream station :)

Saturday was her birthday party with the family. She LOVES being surrounded by her family. The presents and Hannah Montana cupcake-cake were nice perks. (celebration #3).
Plus her cousin Emma got to spend the night!

Sunday was a birthday party with her friends. We had it at Color Me Mine or Harry Pottery as Aubrey calls it. (celebration #4) No idea why she calls it that but she does and since we're Harry Potter fans we don't correct her!
All the kids had a great time and were so well behaved. Not that I expected them to be bad, but the staff party helper just kept telling me how great the kids are. I guess she's seen her fair share of wild parties.

By Sunday night we were all pooped but enjoyed every minute of her birthday celebrations.

1 comments:

I can't believe how curly her hair is!! So cute!! I love all of the celebrations...I love Sweet Tomatoes too!! Maybe we can all go there sometime!!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home